Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: banned means banned
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Proabivouac
QUOTE(mbz1 @ Thu 15th March 2012, 5:43am) *

What does "IDd" means? And what do you mean under identifying Wikiland's administrators? Thanks.

IDd means identified. Identified means we figure out who they are and post it.
Selina
What is the point of that though, what is the goal for you?
Proabivouac
QUOTE(Selina @ Thu 15th March 2012, 6:20am) *

What is the point of that though, what is the goal for you?

My goal is to put an end to Wikipedia as it exists today. In its place I'd like to see a real encyclopedia.
jsalsman
QUOTE(Proabivouac @ Thu 15th March 2012, 12:23am) *
My goal is to put an end to Wikipedia as it exists today. In its place I'd like to see a real encyclopedia.
What do you see as the major impediments to a concurrent fork? I mean, why do you feel you have to destroy before you can build? If it's because Wikipedia has something you want, why not work to change the things you don't like about it instead? Do you feel you have been personally wronged somehow and therefore must destroy Wikipedia?
Web Fred
QUOTE(jsalsman @ Thu 15th March 2012, 9:00pm) *

What do you see as the major impediments to a concurrent fork? I mean, why do you feel you have to destroy before you can build?

He must be from Las Vegas.
mbz1
QUOTE(mbz1 @ Thu 15th March 2012, 5:34am) *

QUOTE(Emperor @ Thu 15th March 2012, 3:16am) *

QUOTE(Mooby @ Wed 14th March 2012, 11:00pm) *

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Mon 27th February 2012, 10:49pm) *

Back to the topic of the thread this user who used to be an admin on a few wiki projects asked to lock his account himself. Nowhere, and I mean nowhere his user page was replaced with misleading template except of course English wikipedia, where a little shit Night Ranger  (T-C-L-K-R-D) did it.
This template is unneeded. Maybe somebody will be kind enough to undo the grave dancing.

Well I guess you don't have him to worry about any more. He just ragequit when someone removed the banned templates he'd been putting on user pages.

-Mooby

Odd. What is he, a fan of Throwing Muses?

This is even stranger and This one is too Ah, I see, it was a reaction to somebody threatening to take a favorite toy of the sicko away:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=481383746
Please stop adding tags to blocked users. It helps no one, and can cause problems. In particular, don't add tags that are incorrect, but even tags that are technically correct, like the one you added to [[User:DeFacto]], are not helpful. --[[User:Floquenbeam|Floquenbeam]] ([[User talk:Floquenbeam|talk]]) 01:45, 15 March 2012 (UTC)

Here's a new user page of night ranger. I personally prefer a banned user template. biggrin.gif
Mooby
QUOTE(mbz1 @ Fri 16th March 2012, 12:29am) *

QUOTE(Mooby @ Wed 14th March 2012, 11:00pm) *

Well I guess you don't have him to worry about any more. He just ragequit when someone removed the banned templates he'd been putting on user pages.

-Mooby

Here's a new user page of night ranger. I personally prefer a banned user template. biggrin.gif

Nothing more charming than putting a giant schlong on your user page! I guess he's trying to get blocked as a martyr? Kind of funny that none of the admins seem to want to grant his wish for martyrdom.

Maybe they'll incorporate the schlong into the banned user template, just to get the "banned means banned" message across more aggressively.

-Mooby
EricBarbour
He's just showing you all what Wikipedia really is: a bunch of tiny and flaccid peepees. tongue.gif
Bottled_Spider
QUOTE(jsalsman @ Thu 15th March 2012, 9:00pm) *

What do you see as the major impediments to a concurrent fork?

I see....... T-shirts.
mbz1
Here's a new user page of Night Ranger: wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Night_Ranger?oldid=482271963 (Mod note: Not safe for work! Giant video of a man masturbating!)
What makes me sick is that votes of such users are taken into account, when they support banning content contributors. hrmph.gif

(Mod note: Added warning, woah! -Selina)
Selina
This is interesting:

wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Categories_for_deletion/Log/2006_September_16#Category:Wikipedia_indefinitely_blocked_users_with_a_significant_edit_history

"Deny recognition" "All banned are trolls!" pretty much sums up the prevailing attitude which hasn't really differed much on personas non grata
Web Fred
QUOTE(Selina @ Sun 25th March 2012, 11:33am) *

This is interesting:

wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Categories_for_deletion/Log/2006_September_16#Category:Wikipedia_indefinitely_blocked_users_with_a_significant_edit_history

"Deny recognition" "All banned are trolls!" pretty much sums up the prevailing attitude which hasn't really differed much on personas non grata

What is actually interesting is the link without the built in paranoia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Cat...ve_debates/2006
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.